Christ the King Parish was founded in 1926 on the feast of Christ the King. The ministry of educating children in the faith began almost immediately through the pastor’s involvement in the newly founded program of the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (C.C.D.). It was not until 1954 that the parish was in a financial position to undertake the task of planning to build a parochial school.
Construction of the school began in 1958 and in the same year, classes were held in the church-owned apartment building which was located on what is now the lower school yard. The classes were taught under the direction of Mother Adrian and four sisters of the Sacred Heart of Mary as well as one lay teacher. Initially there were only five grades and an enrollment of 116 students.
Half of the new school building was ready for occupancy in the Spring of 1959. By September of the same year, the school was opened. It would develop into a full eight-grade school in the course of subsequent years. In 1994, a Kindergarten class was added.
Today, Christ the King School comprises ten classrooms (TK-8). The newest classroom — the Transitional Kindergarten — opened in August 2014.